15 July 2010

Day 5: Ouch


Well the title of this blog pretty much sums it up. I am a little sore from yesterday's trip to town, and then I got to have another adventure today. Between the last two days I have pedaled my way over almost 80 miles of land. Completely smothered by the sun... and my arms are definitely paying for it now! I forgot to put on sunscreen today... oops.

I can definitely say that my bum is slightly in pain, however I'm sure the bruises will dissipate quickly. I hope! I have to ride to work tomorrow!! I am sure I will sleep well tonight though. Yay! Time to finish up the laundry and head some for some wine and a movie. Working until Monday...JOY.

Oh, and it looks like I get to have foot surgery come the end of August. Whoo hooo! I'm getting fixed! But that means I get to go on light duty at work... and maybe lose my quals. Which I am NOT looking forward to, but I'd rather get my body in working order first. Oooh life, why must you make things so complicated!

And another thing I forgot! I met a cyclist today who is also in the market for a liveaboard sail boat! Super cool guy, he's older but he let me know about a boat that might be up for sail here in the harbor. Hmmm, must check it out! I also talked to a buddy of mine at the harbor patrol here. I asked him about live aboard permits. Looks like this area is only allowed to have about 50 permits out. Regulations say 5-10% of the amount of boats in the marina/harbor are allowed to be liveaboards. Only about 30 permits are out right now, which would make it pretty easy to get one. I can't wait to get this ball rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment