19 July 2010

Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me

Well if that wasn't a long weekend, then I don't know what is. I have been on duty since Friday morning and all this week we have fisheries training. Needless to say it is going to be a horrific week. At least my upcoming long weekend off will be all mine!! Yay!!

So on my way home from town the other day, I stopped by the market close to my house and met an older guy who was also a cyclist. (Sorry if I already wrote about him... I can't remember so this may or may not be redundant.) We started talking about our bikes but then he mentioned that he was in the area to look for a sailboat. Ah ha! Yet another thing to talk about! We talked about Hans Christians for quite a while, and he listed off a couple of boats in the harbor here that were possibly up for sale. Woohoo! Connections! I also spoke with a buddy of mine at the harbor patrol here and he has a friend that has been contemplating selling his 38' Hans Christian. Oooooh. Nick tasked me with meeting people so here I am... working on my networking!

Although at this very moment, it is happy-hour-come-early. A weekend like that deserves a cocktail to celebrate its' conclusion. I can't wait to own a sailboat and pop open a big ol' fifth of rum and begin my life as a true sailor! Arrrg.

Disclaimer: I do not endorse drinking and boating... FYI. At the dock... it's game on!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment