11 July 2010

Geo-Bachelorette...


Well it's official. I am actually home alone for the next six weeks. It's only been 5 hours and I am already at a loss. I have absolutely no clue of what to do with myself. I am sitting at the laundromat right now, stealing internet from god knows who, waiting for my pile of clothes to finish drying. The house is already spotless and the first lonely pot of coffee downed. I already miss the little monster and her father. It's okay though, this will be good for me. I hope.

Our trusty 84' Westy has gone and taken my entire family with it. The kiddo, the hubs and our other two big, black and hairy children. It's just me and my bike now. I already got to experience my lack of a vehicle this morning. Walking a block to the laundromat isn't really that big of a deal though. The interesting part will be riding my bike the 15+ miles into town twice this week at least. 30 miles round trip? No problem! The upside to all of this will be the massive amounts of muscle I am hoping to acquire in my legs! I sincerely hope this isn't just wishful thinking, and I will in fact be a transformed person when Nick gets home. Haha, bon chançe Kate!

Either way, this should be a good trial run. Life without all the amenities. Well, really it's only a vehicle but it sure makes life a hell of a lot more interesting! Interesting may or may not be synonymous with "harder" or "complicated" but that's okay. Well, hopefully these clothes will be dry soon so I can pedal my way to work and study a bit.

A tout a l'heure. (Pretend there is an accent grave over both of those "A"s...)

No comments:

Post a Comment